Thursday, August 16, 2007

#23, Summary

In the end, I'm glad I took this journey. It was incredibly time-consuming, but that's because much of it was new to me. These sites are second nature to a lot of patrons, though, so it's important for us to keep our techno-know-how relevent.

I think, though, that we need to remember that technology is supposed to free us, not enslave us. Before posting this last post, I visited the 43 things websites, and quite a few of the "what I want to do..." require shutting off the computer and going out of the house.

I am particularly pleased to have learned about photo-sharing. The old days of film photography are fading away, making learning about digital photography another relevant skill. And these photo sharing sites provide so many ideas!

I also find myself going to YouTube more than even just a couple months ago. There is a growing volume of "how to's" on that site, as well as entertainment. And I was surprised by how much I like the podcasts. I can see the features I liked playing a role in my lifelong learning. I would also be likely to participate in future activities of this nature, too, as time allowed.

I'm not a fan of tagging, yet, though, and didn't really like Technorati or del.icio.us (I especially disliked typing that word!). Sometimes I found it frustrating that a "thing" would have so many activities to complete. I took to calling this 23 to the exponent things. Some of it seemed a bit dated, too. The web's always morphing, transforming, and an exercise designed to experience that should be more fluid, too.

I can't believe I'm done!! And within the 9 week period!

No comments: