Thursday, August 16, 2007

#22, Online books

Online audio was more of a new phenomena a year or so ago when I went through LATI. Downloading and "reading" one was one of the LATI assignments. We also spent some time discussing e-books in my grad. class.

I have downloaded both e-books and audio, though I don't do either often. What I particularly find the e-library useful for is when I am working at home on a children's program, and I want to review a book I don't have. If it's at Overdrive, I don't have to wait till I get back to the library.

I went to Project Gutenberg tonight, and that's an interesting site to explore. I actually skipped past the audio and looked at some illustrations from Alice in Wonderland.

These uses of the web are not as sexy as MySpace or YouTube, but I think they are infinitely more valuable.

No comments: