Friday, June 22, 2007

Week 3 Photos, etc.



Week 3 Photos and Images:

Part of me likes playing with this photo technology and part of me wonders if maybe there are more important things to do. I'm reminded of a cartoon I had posted near my home computer for years. It was of kids excitedly drawing a snowman scene on their computer...while snow fell on a snowy landscape outside.

This photo technology is amazing - in a mere matter of minutes, I took photos from a disk we bought from Atlantis Submarine Tours in Hawaii, downloaded them to my computer, uploaded them to Flickr, found a link from Flickr to a photo activity page, created the activity, downloaded it to my computer and uploaded it to this blog. It's fun, and the results are great. But instead of interacting with a computer program, maybe it would be healthier to interact in the real, physical world by going for a walk and taking note of Nature's world.

BTW, the Atlantis Submarine Tour takes you 100' below the Pacific, to a coral reef. It was one of many highlights from the trip, and instead of just selling you your photo, they sell you a CD loaded with fun stuff, including a lots of photos. (Sneaks is hiding in my bag. He got to ride in the sub, but seating was too tight to take his picture.)

No comments: